SO proud of my fridge right now! :)
Got this ENTIRE fridge full of whole foods at the farmers market today for just under 25 bucks. Whoever said eating healthy is too expensive has obviously never even TRIED. Try feeding 2 people for an entire week eating fast food..and spend less then 25 bucks. Not gonna happen. What on earth should i make first!! *giddyness*
In what world is this under $25?!
Not any farmer’s market I’ve ever been to. But I’ve also never been to one where things are wrapped in plastic with barcodes and stickers just like you find in the supermarket, so color me a little suspicious about this whole post.
But, you know, if you don’t have access to her magic farmers’ market, you’re just not trying hard enough!
I didn’t even notice the stickers and barcodes last night. I’ve never been to a farmer’s market because they’re too far.
What would you make with all of this? I can think of salad, stir fry, and soup, but all of this would support me alone for maybe a week. I worry about the calorie count, too because meals made from just vegetables and fruit in pure forms like this are extremely low-cal and when I’m busy, I’m fairly active.
I wish I could get food like this for under $25. That would be great - I absolutely love vegetables. But looking at prices as they were last week at my nearest grocery store, this would go way beyond $25. But I guess I’m not trying hard, huh?
there are nearly 20 different things in this fridge alone. is the OP really telling us that they got each of them for $1? I want to move to imaginary cheap food land.
FYI, the nearest farmer’s market from me is, at best, 30 minutes away.
There aren’t even whole meals here really. There is no real protein source, no grains or any sort of binders, no oils or spices or herbs.
A lot of people with various forms of IDB can’t eat a lot of these vegetables so they’d basically be spending their food budget on pain or rotting food and before you pull some “they’re the exception not the rule” do you know how common IBD is? And that’s not factoring IC or any of the other medical conditions that require special diets, so it’s not just a one in a million thing, it’s a decently large number of people
and why the fuck are you storing your unripe bananas in the fridge do you not understand how produce works who do you think you are shaming people for their food shopping when you don’t even understand bananas
I see this and all I can think of is “Jesus Christ. Why did I buy so much!? This is all going to go bad in like three days and I’ll have to throw half of it out. WHY DID I NEED A HALF DOZEN LEMONS?! WHY?!”
Besides Angela’s absolutely beautiful comment about bananas, and all the other excellent commentary, let me do some math, with prices I can guarantee are pretty close to accurate for a grocery store OR farmers market, since some of those items clearly came from a grocery store.
That tub of salad mix: $5
6 ears corn: $3
2lbs zucchini: $3
2lbs summer squash $3
Heads of cabbage: $2.50 each, so $5
Bag of carrots: $3
That’s $25 and I’m barely halfway through that stuffed fridge.
I call bollocks.
Also, don’t put your tomatoes in the fridge, either. It makes them taste like nothing.
That comment about the bananas. OMG.
“and why the fuck are you storing your unripe bananas in the fridge do you not understand how produce works who do you think you are shaming people for their food shopping when you don’t even understand bananas”
I mean, bitch just stuffed an entire cantaloupe in her fridge. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT JUST CUT IT UP ALREADY. IT WILL NEVER RIPEN. YOU BOUGHT A SHITTY-ASS GREEN RUNTY CANTALOUPE AND THEN YOU STUCK IT IN THE FRIDGE LIKE THAT WILL MAKE IT TASTE BETTER.
Also, I call shenanigans on the sheer amount of apples in that picture.
*Stares at bag of carrots with federally recognized nutrition standards*
Uhhhhhmmm… So the only way I’d see this as plausible is if the farmers market also carried some foods they brought from the super market :| Or ordered some from the packaging plant/factory…
- minds-corner likes this
- sonkes likes this
- nikastrogo reblogged this from thintothespo
- live-til-the-end likes this
- theepeter reblogged this from karlieerose
- mybubblegumfun reblogged this from perfect-skinny and added:
- emma-boros reblogged this from 0verwhelm
- littledidweknow reblogged this from perfect-skinny and added:
- littledidweknow likes this
- fit-fabulous-and-happy reblogged this from thin-fit-happy
- luxuryand-elegance reblogged this from leenuworld
- leenuworld reblogged this from mmerqueen
- beahealthyhottie reblogged this from ericames-cudi
- pursuingg-fit likes this
- fitbitch17 likes this
- ericames-cudi reblogged this from go--figure
- lovely-bubbletea reblogged this from go--figure and added:
- mmerqueen reblogged this from skinniandfit
- tourdetam likes this
- audreysadventure likes this
- opulente likes this
- fit-is-the-new-sexy likes this
- leanslimfit reblogged this from fat-tobeautiful
- fat-tobeautiful reblogged this from go--figure
- go--figure reblogged this from futurefitgirl
- sun-run reblogged this from dazed-flumes
- mi-piel reblogged this from eatcleanmakechanges
- lighting-up-despair reblogged this from futurefitgirl
- goochbae likes this
- ificouldbleedorsleep reblogged this from soulcub
- health-daily reblogged this from livelaughloveeatnamaste
- 077cm likes this
- healthystepsforfitness reblogged this from barely-breathing-skeleton
- slimming-d-o-w-n reblogged this from deanasana
- theomnivorousveggie likes this
- someplacedifferent likes this
- fitnessandhollywood reblogged this from blissfully---alive and added:
- blissfully---alive reblogged this from thintothespo
- lovellygrace likes this
- elphabalala reblogged this from vixens-dont-wear-pink-lipstick
- lifeisprettierwhenyoureskinnier likes this
- doramu-kenji likes this
- doramu-kenji reblogged this from haribote-no-otona
- soniccherrylimeade reblogged this from stronghealthyconfidence
- whoablackbettybamalam likes this
- essenceofcontrol reblogged this from stronghealthyconfidence
- maryjane7 likes this
- godsskull reblogged this from haribote-no-otona
- godsskull likes this
- recreating-mylife reblogged this from stronghealthyconfidence